How crazy is it that another summer has already come and gone here at Camp Half Moon? It feels like we just started and now it’s already over! But don’t worry, we are already counting down until campers come back to our sleepaway camp near New Hampshire, and planning to make next summer even better. For those who don’t know whether or not to send their son or daughter to sleepaway camp, we have come up with a few reasons why we believe sleepaway camp is essential to children. Keep on reading to learn more!
1. Where else can children participate in at least five different activities all in one day? Our sleepaway camp activities teach children new skills and tricks all while having endless fun. Many of our campers say that the best part about Camp Half Moon is all of the activity options we have, and we’re going to have to agree!
2. In an age where communication is usually through text messages or emails, children are lacking socialization and communication that they need. With no cell phones at camp (not as bad as it sounds, we promise), children learn to effectively communicate and make new friends in person, rather than through a screen.
3. The school year can be extremely stressful and draining for children, but sleepaway camp is the complete opposite. Instead of teachers, campers have sleepaway camp counselors who strive to give children the best and most fun summer of their life. Sleepaway camp is a great break from school that still keeps children thinking and learning over the summer.
4. With that being said, sleepaway camp keeps children mentally and physically active over the summer. Our campers are constantly on the move and thinking all summer long. But instead of math and history, children now have waterskiing and hiking, how cool is that?!
5. Sleepaway camp gives children a safe and supportive environment where they don’t have to be afraid to try new things. Children will be accepted for who they truly are and not be afraid to be themselves or be judged by their peers.
Are you interested in sending your son or daughter to the best sleepaway camp near New Hampshire next summer? Then call Camp Half Moon, at 413-528-0940 (for more information or to schedule a tour of our campgrounds today!