Camp Half Moon of Great Barrington Massachusetts is all about fun. But while you're having the best summer of your life, you'll also be learning many valuable life lessons that you won't even realize you're picking up on. Here's a list of just a few of the lessons you can take home with you from Sleepaway camp this summer.
1. How to be a team player- while you're on the field with your friends everyday, you will begin to understand the importance of working well with others to get far in life. In the case of Camp Half Moon, that usually means taking home the victory in today's game of kickball.
2. Dedication- There's no way you can expect the blue team to win color war unless you are a dedicated to your team's cause! And of course, dedication will be helpful in your future school work and career paths.
3. How to be happy with the basics- Materialism is a common characteristic of many of today's youth. However, while at camp, campers learn to strip their necessities down to the basics, and will find that they are happier without all of that crazy technology!
4. The Value of time- Unfortunately, the summer passes in the blink of an eye. And while we wish time would slow down, it reminds us of how to be conscious of the value of time. Cherishing every moment is something you will take away from a summer at Half Moon.
5. True Friendship- Sleepway camp can create bonds much deeper than ordinary friendships. Learning to be a trustworthy, honest, and loyal friend is a valuable lesson that will carry through for the rest of your life.