April is just about here!!! Our countdown to the first day at Camp Half Moon continues with only a few months left! Before we know it, campers will be pulling in and unpacking to start the best summer ever. These next few weeks might be a little stressful. We recommend that if you haven’t started packing for summer camp near New Hampshire yet, start very soon! The earlier that you begin packing for summer camp, the more time you will have to relax and think of all the fun things that will happen at summer camp this year!
First, get our summer camp packing list. This has every single item that we think your son or daughter will need to have a successful summer at Camp Half Moon. Regardless of what summer camp dates your child is attending and how long they will be there, we recommend you packing all of these items. Campers might go through several changes a day due to a specific activity or in the event of bad weather. Keep on reading for a few more tips to consider when preparing for summer camp this year!
- Have your child pack for summer camp with you. This will get them excited for summer camp as well as make sure they know what items are going away with them.
- Make a list of everything you packed. If your son or daughter is looking to see if you two packed a specific item, he or she can check the list instead of digging through everything
- Invest in a trunk that is sure to last for summers to come. Having a camp trunk is required at Camp Half Moon so look at reviews and pick a trustworthy and strong one.
- If your son or daughter is participating in a summer camp activity that requires equipment, find out if it is supplied or if you have to bring it.
- Pack some small reminders of home to avoid feelings homesick at summer camp.
- Read the cell phone and electronics policy and follow it.
- Don’t overpack. Only send what is on the list to avoid an unwanted trip to the lost and found.
- The most important tip we have is to LABEL EVERYTHING! We have heard that laundry markers and waterproof labels work very well for some of our parents.
- If you have any questions about the summer camp staff, summer camp facilities, etc. don’t hesitate to call our office!